Thursday, May 04, 2006

General Notes

Theres a group in Polaris Hyderabad, calling itself the "Calvinos"!! Sheesh. Here I was, thinking I was more inclined to Calvin and Hobbes because of my superior intellect! What a fall, from what I thought was my VERY HIGH perch :((.
On another note, do you think my copy of "Opal Mehta" will be worth some millions now that the book has been withdrawn?? :)). I feel sorry for that girl- six crammed months is waaaay too short for even experienced writers, and for a debutante?? In any case, most of the "plagiarized" passages are just too commonplace- either she really did internalize them (it is quite easy to internalize writing styles- I have the bad habit of unconsciously imitatitng ppl I move with), or she lifted them to boost up the witticisms in Opal Mehta. She doesnt sound dumb enough for the latter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home