Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Updated look and feel & Misc.

And if you think its not good enough, you better not say it here! Did not want to arbitly pick a new template to set to work modifying the existing one. And HTML bears no relation to java or c or C++, so I was in murky waters for most of the time! Have taken almost the whole of the mornig to get this, so taking a break now. Am thinking about modifying the background colors next, lets see.

Its Arjun's birthday this weekend- and I realize yet again how much I miss him! Some of the happiest, most perfect moments in my life have involved arjun- the first time I was able to console him when he was a baby, the first time I saw him (I couldnt believe how wrinkly he was!), the first time he started calling me "Aithu Thithi"- he couldnt say "Aishu Chithi"; Abhi, for a long time used to call me "Athi thithi thithi". And I thought that was the most charming sound I had ever heard! What is it about children that makes most of us (otherwise) normal, sane people go nuts? I guess its partly to do with them depending on you absolutely, and partly to do with their honesty/candour. With children, you usually know just where you stand. You can be confident in the affection with which they hold you.
Anyway, this tending towards maudlin post is on account of an impending visit to chennai by Krishna, with the children. Of course, impending = 15-20 days away! yeah, am looking forward to that!

Back to decent reading - picked up Kenichi Ohmae and David Korten (and a Georgette Heyer, which woudnt come into this category, for obvious reasons!)- lets see if I can read them when even when out of bschool!

Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home