Friday, December 03, 2004

About My Self - inFrequently asked question

1. Name
Aishwariya. Means "The godess of Wealth".
My parents don't really have a track record of giving good names to their children- my sisters were saddled with Meenakshi & Rajalakshmi, after our paternal & maternal grandmothers, respectively. When it came to me, they (fortunately!) ran out of grandmothers. So I ended up (dont ask me how) being named after the then queen of Nepal.
2. Marital Status.
Legally Married. Mentally- Getting used to the idea.
3. Favorite books.
Yeah, right. Like it can be part of just one post! Its a separate post in itself.
http://aishu.blogspot.com/2004/04/just-finished-name-of-rose-by-umberto.html
4. Favorite People in the world
My nephews (Arjun & Abhi). My sisters. My brothers-in-law. Sreela & Lalli. My friends (For those of you who are wondering, Sreela & Lalli are more than friends. They are somewhere between sisters & friends).
Distinction to be made between people I really, genuinely care about (I miss arjun horribly, for instance), and People I am obligated to take care of
5. My most embarassing moment
Ha! No chance that I'm putting that down here! I consciously suppress any memory of ANY embarassing moment- which is why Sud & Meet could never get one out of me that amazing sunday a couple of years back.
6. Passions
Carnatic Music. Books. Knowledge. Art. Michelangelo. Leonardo.
7. Driving Forces
Logic. Rationalism. Concepts.
The need to learn. To keep learning. The need to, well, be intellectually ahead. This sounds incredibly arrogant, but its true. Do I need to do something about this? Probably yes.
8. What I would love to recieve
Flowers. Books. Actually, any damn thing. Need not be expensive. Anything small. Makes me very, very happy.
9. What I wish I had
Lots of things! But lemme try & list 'em out:
a. Poise. Real poise. Not the one I put up for display when I am in fron of people.
b. Self-confidence, The will to strike out and actually act against established rules, regulations, etc. The selfishness required to say, f*** to junta, I need to do whatever makes me happy.
c. A really good music teacher close to where I stay
d. A good art teacher somewhere easily accessible to me
e. A camera!
f. A visit to Italy
10. Am I arrogant.
In a sense, yes. I am arrogant about certain things, but very very humble about others. Its a weird mix, that even I find difficult accepting, so wouldnt blame you guys for not being comfortable with.
11. My sense of Humor
Is very, very, very vague. I like intellectual humor. I hate slapstick. I hate humor that is obvious. I love puns, wordplay.
I am basically a serious minded person. I live life by extremes- I am either generally giggling my way through a day, or I find nothing at all to even smile about, except the most subtle kind of humor.
12. Why do I love Arjun so much?
I dont know. I just love him very much. One reason is, He loves me a lot. Do you know the feeling of having someone waiting for you to come, looking forward to your visit so much, that they just cant keep still, that they keep jumping up and down? That they will immediately rate you 10 on a scale of 10, when asked how much they love you?
13. Take on relegion.
I am waiting to find my God. The difficult part is having to suppress the overly rational part of me in this search for an inner God. Currently, am going the traditional Indian way, to see if I can locate Him/Her/It.
14. What I would really like to do
Teach. No, not kids. Can't handle that. Probably in a bschool.
15. Do I believe in fate?
Yes and no. I believe that not all things are within our control. But I seriously doubt if some super-intelligent guy has already mapped my life out for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home