Thursday, April 01, 2004

whew! Just back from the US Consulate. Yours truly is now the proud holder of a visa to the land of opportunities.
Took me about two hours in all. But the process is really streamlined. wait outside the consulate of 20 minutes. Checking of passport with web appointment. Payment of 400 - some fee, god knows what. Hand over of first DD. Checking of Documentation, and visa application form. Visa interview. branches out to rejection (Depression/sorrow/whatever) or approval (relief, relief and more relief). Fortunately for me, I fell into the latter category.
I was interview by David (He introduced himself to all and sundry as just "david". His second name remains a mystery). David et al look really young. Dont know how they decide whether or not to send some one or not. The girl ahead of me in the queue was rejected. as were the two guys in the adjoining queue. the girl wanted to do a course in "Illuminary Arts", whatever that means. Apparently, David was not "illumined" and hence she remained dis"illusioned", to use some really bad puns!
There was this couple, too- a guy who was almost as tall as suresh (Suresh is 6' 3'' tall), his wife who is much shorter than my 5'6.5''. and two really cute kids. both boys. reminded me of Juni and Abhi (my nephews). Especially the second kid. was a lot like Abhi. No idea what happened to theirs, though. they were after me.

Anyway, post all this tension, am totally wrung out, which is my excuse for blogging and not doing any work during the day. :))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home