Friday, May 19, 2006

Favourite movies

1. Casablanca - have watched this one soooo many times- and still cant stop myself from hoping Ilsa doesnt go with Victor, in the end.
2. Dances with the wolves - Such a brilliant picture of the red indians - proud, dignified, brave, colourful, vibrant
3. Robin Hood, Prince of thieves - okay, this is just the romantic in me! The movie wins simply because of "Everything I do" and Bryan Adams
4. Roman Holiday - again, cant help hoping she ditches the palace and goes away with Gregory Peck. Favourite scene- Hepburn getting her hair cut at the hair dresser's
5. Escape from Sobibor - Saw this movie when I was about 10 years old- and the long line of defeatist, naked women entering the gas chamber, and a young girl running away, being chased down by dogs - terrible images that stick with me till date
6. Matrix
7. Varumai Niram Sivappu - Am generally not too fond of tam movies, but most movies of Kamal hassan around this time are simply amazing. Very, very well played.
8. Philadelphia Story - okay, noting TOO great about this, but its such a fun movie!
9. Guess Whos coming to dinner - wish my mom were like katherine hepburns character in this movie. better still, wish I could be an as open minded mom to my daughter
10. Moondru Mudichu - Kamal Hassan, Rajinikanth & Sridevi team up for this excellent movie- a must watch
11. Ben Hur - how could i miss this one! Practically a universal favourite. And how anyone could every make out a sports car in the midst of the extremely engrossing chariot fight, I could never make out.
12. Sound of Music, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - all childhood favourites
13. Mili
14. Guide
15. Bahu Begum
16. Dil Chahtha Hai
17. Anand
18. Abhimaan - I almost forgot this!
19. Piya Ka Ghar
20. Chupke Chupke - have seen this one almost as many times as Casablanca- and NEVER seem to get bored with it! best watched in a group.
21. Jumanji
22.

Am sure there are other, really good movies I have watched, which I would want to include here, but am not able to think about them offhand. Will have to get back to this post

Sud,
Had to browse through my collection of MP3s to bring the hindi movies I have loved back to mind- so am still not sure if I have missed any.

3 Comments:

At Mon May 22, 05:32:00 PM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please keep this list dynamic and keep adding to it. U seem to like movies with a "hero" element or "anti hero endings"!! No ambiguity anywhere. And how come no Hindi movies?

- Sudeep

 
At Tue May 23, 10:58:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Aish said...

Yeah. Guess thats the romantic in me. I like these larger than life characters. And very often dont realize that tehy dont really exist!

 
At Wed May 24, 11:09:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Aish said...

nitpicking, but just realized theres no Hero Element to "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner". Just a very strong cast and a very ver strong storyline

 

Post a Comment

<< Home