Monday, March 12, 2007

Last week, I spent about 4 hours at a totally unproductive meeting (unproductive for me, atleast). As always, with strategy-related meetings, there were a lot of Gartner/Tower Group studies discussed- and one of them claims India is to be the 4th largest economy in terms of GDP/PPP or something like that by - hold your breath- the year 2050. Come on, guys! FIFTY YEARS? Fifty years is the time limit I would consider to write science fiction- and a prediction of GDP? Sheesh. How do you come up with 4th, anyway? why not fifth? or the third, for that matter? I mean, if you are going ot make a forecast, wouldn't you atleast give yourself good room for approximation? Say something like, will be in the top 5 countries of the world, or some such?

There are people who keep asking me what Sanjana's sun sign is (I used to belong to that tribe myself, oh, some 10 years ago). I don't remember (WHAT kIND OF A MOTHER IS SHE??). I think she's a Libra (b. 9th Oct). This was from one of those seekers of information. Not sure. And don't really care anyway. The days when I used to believe Aries was absolutely the best sun sign every, Adarsh Vidyalaya was the best school ever, B Com was absolutely the most fun/smart class every, my music sir was absolutely the greatest master ever, etc. etc. are looooong past. Its part of what is called "growing up". :) I guess. I hope.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At Tue Mar 13, 08:05:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger sudeep said...

Am visiting after a month I think and am pleasantly surprised to find good reading material :) (thought provoking too!). I dont remember the Reynolds incident but I do know that whenever someone pulls my leg for putting my foot in my mouth, I think of you. And, btw, call me a retard or call me faithful, I still believe Leo is the best!!!!

 
At Tue Mar 13, 09:19:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Aish said...

Wow, thanks buddy. Just what I need- a practical demonstration of how to couch insults, making them sound actually nice. "Pleasantly surprised" to find good reading material? Remember me for all FIMS (Foot in the mouth Syndrome) incidents? Thanks very much.

And the HR Professional of the year award goes to..

 
At Wed Mar 14, 08:15:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger sudeep said...

I dont know why the HR community has to get tarnished by association with me? Its not as if I am the bright shining star who represents it. Far from it actually...I am pretty much a rebel :)

 
At Wed Mar 14, 09:23:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Aish said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Wed Mar 14, 11:09:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Aish said...

About you and the HR world- well, lets just say its a mutual thing. You feed off each others' meanness.

Hey this is good. You insult my writing, I insult your profession. And I am an Arian, and Arians tend to be childish and immature, right? I am aligning myself that particular irritating, silly character analysis, so that should keep you happy.

Not bad. I ensure you are in a state of euphoric annoyance (I challenge you to get a more meaningless-souding phrase). Yippee

 
At Wed Mar 14, 11:10:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Aish said...

PS - re the deleted comment, it was mine own, posted twice. Blogger has to show that it was deleted,for reasons best known to itself

 
At Thu Mar 15, 07:41:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger sudeep said...

Like all Arians, your delusion of being the centre of the universe continues. Good for you! Shows you are in touch with your real, pure self :)

 
At Thu Mar 15, 10:35:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Aish said...

What do you mean, "Delusion". Do mean to say you think the universe doesn't revolve around me? ;)

Actually, heartache comes because I feel too INSIGNIFICANT in the overall scheme of things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home