Friday, March 16, 2007

Message for Sanjana

Happiness is elusive. You think you have it in your hands, and the next second, it has slipped out. It comes in a flash. And can be identified and trapped only by the owner in question. Only you can control your happiness.

Inspite of its inherent slippery nature, you will encounter it quite often. The trick then, is to make sure you hold it down every time. The pursuit of true happiness should be your aim in life. Every thing else,is, afterall, secondary.

Where you might encounter trouble is- when your happiness conflicts with that of someone you care about. At these times, I would urge you to remember that
a) You have to be fair and honest in your dealings. If the pursuit of happiness makes you breach one of these, well, it has become a pursuit of self and
b) Anyone worthy of your love should not resort to emotinal blackmail and should be happy about anything that makes you happy.

Which brings about a message for myself- Never will I let tradition/convention/social mores/someone's preconcieved ideas interfere with my daughter's happiness. Having brought a child into this world, it is my responsibility to ensure that she has unconditional love, irrespective of ANYTHING else.

Just wanted to note it down- should have something to remind me of how I felt now, say some 20 years hence.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Mon Mar 19, 02:13:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger sudeep said...

I shall remind you

:)

 
At Mon Mar 19, 02:18:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Aish said...

Thanks.

And I hope a situation never arises, that requires you to remind me about this.

I hope you mean, it, though. Makes me happy my agreement to look out for Sanj, come what may, is iron clad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home