Monday, May 07, 2007

All about a mother's selfless love and all that

Why my love for Sanjana should make it to one of those soppy movie scripts
1. Sanjana will never love me as much as I love her
2. Whats more, I don't want her to love me as much. I would much rather she reserves that love for someone who's going to be by her side through all of life's trials and tribulations.
3. After 30 years, when I am old and enfeebled and all that, I wouldnt want Sanj to be at my beck and call and take care of me, because "she is my own". I would rather she hired a nurse to take care of me, and dropped in to see me - say once a week or twice a month or so. This, of course, does not mean the reverse- if ever Sanj needs me, I will drop ANYTHING I have at hand and attend to her IMMEDIATELY
4. I expect nothing, absolutely NOTHING from her. (Well, love for me would be nice, but I would settle for a pleasant friendship)
5. She is the biggest project in my life- I read to her, hoping to stimulate an interest in books, I sing to her, hoping to get her to appreciate classical music, I take her for walks, hoping to instill an interest in the world around her... But I dont think she could ever disappoint me if ANY of the above did not materialize.

I guess this follows from my philosophy of parenthood. If you bring a life in to the world, you have the moral responsibility to give her (or him) as strong a foundation as you can, to ensure he is prepared to face the world.

And it also makes me feel - If I loved everyone around me half as much as I love Sanj, life would be a lot easier. and simpler.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Thu Oct 18, 05:07:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Unknown said...

she sure is blessed to have a mother like you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home