Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Tugging at the heart strings

Showing Sanj the horse that sits atop the TV and asking her to identify eyes, ears, legs and so forth. Inspiration strikes and I ask her- "Whither Hands?". Kodak moment - Sanj investigating the horse trying to find the hands. True investigation, because she grabs the horse with her right hand and turns it all over, trying to locate the hands.

Incidentally, this is my first post after I turned 28 (boo hoo), which means... absolutely nothing, actually. There has been a gradual decline of "birthday feeling" - the excitement that used to come with every birthday. This is the first year it has been at an absolute nil. no feeling, nothing. na da. And this is the reason Unni is still alive. He forgot my birthday inspite of my having reminded him about it earlier this week.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At Fri Apr 06, 12:34:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Anu said...

I still remember how excited u used to be in march when I use to be depressed because of exams.since Iwas never excited abt birthdays,I never understood.Glad u finally joined the club.

 
At Fri Apr 06, 12:39:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Aish said...

:)) Yeah, I remember. You used to get so annoyed. Its a birthday, so what, types. And I do have a tendency to get over-excited over apparently trivial things.
I dont know if the numbness is a good thing, though. Like how Happiness isnt enough for Calvin. He need euphoria. I made a fool of myself very often, but I enjoyed myself so much! I am less foolish now, but so much less alive.

 
At Wed Apr 11, 02:53:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger sudeep said...

Its the centuries-old trade-off, isn't it?! Sigh - EVERYTHING seems to be a trade off...

On another note, how does U get away with flagrant violations of code of conduct??? Must be his charm...he he :)

 
At Thu Apr 12, 10:53:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Aish said...

Sud, do you think the trade off is working? Sometimes I wonder if I am becomign more idiotic AND more numbe over time.

How does U get overit? 2 reasons
1. Difficult to get irritated about something you dont care about anyway. No righteous indignation to show, you see...
2. Difficult to be annoyed with him over phone, especially when he consistently refuses to call, AND, also when he starts turning on the charm :)

 
At Thu Apr 12, 03:10:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Aish said...

I like your "EVERYTHIN" and your sigh. Makes you sound almost human- very rarely do I see you railing against the impossibility of things/fates, etc :)

 
At Fri Apr 13, 10:14:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger sudeep said...

Really?? Most people around me would have the opposite complaint...I am in a perpetual state of irritation with the sheer compromise in everything around me - whether it be the standards of sales service or depth of relationships!!

 
At Fri Apr 13, 10:24:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Aish said...

I did not express my self very well- but I was trying to draw a line bet two types of cribs - Why does x person do this, which makes y compromise on soemthing - a specific complaint, but based on generic problems.

The other is, why is the world so? A generic complaing about the way the world around us is fundamentally built.

When you say, "EVERYTHING seems to be a trade off..." I relate to the latter of the above two.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home