Monday, April 16, 2007

When I feel vindicated abt what I do as a parent - II

I was quite proud of myself, they way I started teaching Sanj Counting, and the difference between left and right. Yes, Its my trumpet, and so I shall blow! :)

Sanj already got the hang of one-two-three, but not of counting per se. I started saying, "How many hands does Sanju have?"- one hand, two hands, and so on for eyes, feet mouth and nose. But what really took me by surprise was when the shopgirl at the nearby clothes shop took sanj out and came back,telling me excitedly, "madam, she is counting". Apparently Sanj went one dog, two dog and so on. This was last night.

This mornng, I dumped the shapes board (The one with all those shapes and the pegs that fit into each of them) in fronjt of her- and she got them right in no time!

For left and right- the credit goes to trust Dr Seuss. I bought "The Foot Book" from one of those second hand places in mount road. Sanj is particularly excited by "Feet Feet Feet - How Many Many feet you meet!". She manages to point to her left and right feet when asked - not sure whether its conscious, though. It could well be like the time she learned to say cow. I was trying to wean her away from "Horse", teaching her "Cow". I got terribly excited until I caught her calling everything fromm the mail box on the front gate to the water in her sipper "Cow". And nothing else.

My next target is colors. Time for Landmark!! :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home