Thursday, April 12, 2007

Two Articles, one wondering reader

Article 1 - Aishwarya Rai's New Home (or is it?)

Rediff sets the standards (Along with mid-day) for crappy journalism- and this is a prime example of that. The only thing lacking here is the terrible english. That would have rounded it off nicely. WTH is the "journalist" trying to say here?
First off, I don't care where Aishwarya Rai is going to be living (I do care about ensuring I never have to see any of her interviews on TV). But I will be generous to people who probably want to, though I can't for hte life of me, figure out why. What really gets my goat is- what exactly is the point here? I went to Bandra hoping to catch a glimpse of Rai's new home, but turns out it wasnt Rai's. But I have a deadline- what do I do...

The article would have been more suitably titled "Description of a useless junket to follow up a lead that turned cold and consequent junk to fill up a news article deadline". Or more simply - "Timesheet for the day".

Article 2 - A nice nugget from Amit Verma
My thoughts exactly. But so succinctly put!
And the esteemed Pt. Nehru has left us another ever-lasting legacy which Verma has missed - The Kashmir Crisis. The story might be apocryphal (I doubt it though- have read it in a newspapaer,shd find some links on that)- but our man Nehru called for a ceasefire when India was on the verge of throwing Pakistan from Kashmir. This shd probably sum Nehru up- Idealistic and Idiotic.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Tue Nov 11, 09:53:00 AM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home